Second home insurance - Pikl

Second home insurance

Protect your holiday home

Complete protection, with the extra coverage that traditional insurers miss out.

Get a quote now

Unlike some traditional insurers, we cover...

Malicious damage

Don't let one bad guest put your property or income at risk.

Theft by guests

Standard second-home insurance rarely covers theft by a guest.

Accidental damage

Things can and do go wrong. Make sure you're protected against accidental damage by guests.

Airbnb, and Vrbo logos

Smarter insurance for holiday or second homes

Pikl's specialist insurance is built for the unique needs of holiday-home owners.

We'll keep you and your property protected should anything happen, so you can rent with confidence.

Get Peace of mind with Pikl

We understand everyone is different and that is why we’ve built flexible cover around you. Whether you just use your holiday home with friends and family, exclusively rent it out to short term guests or do a bit of both, we’ve got you covered.

We provide a range of standard and optional covers, which can include:

  • Cover for guest related claims including theft, guest related damages, legal and liability cover
  • Buildings insurance for the physical structure of the property
  • Cover for the contents in your home
  • Legal & liability cover
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Accidental damage
  • Fire, escape of water damage & subsidence
  • Loss of keys and replacement locks
  • Storm, flood & other weather damage
  • Home emergency cover

Two simple ways to Pikl

One tidy package, at a great price.

All in one insurance

Comprehensive home insurance
PLUS cover for guest related incidents.

Add just the protection you need.

Top up insurance

Get the additional cover for paying guests that your existing insurance doesn’t offer.

image of a holiday home image of a man

David has a holiday home in Cornwall

He unknowingly rented his holiday cottage to a group of teenagers planning to let their hair down. Things inevitably got out of hand: graffiti, destroyed furniture and even theft, but David's insurers classed it as malicious damage and refused to pay out, so he was left with a large repair bill and a lot of stress.

Pikl's holiday home cover, which specifically includes malicious damage and theft, would have saved him so much time, money and worry.

Holiday home help & advice

seaside town with boats in the harbour

How to holiday let your property: 10 essential tips to get you started

If you have a spare home or holiday home, turning it into a holiday let could give you a lucrative revenue stream. In this article, we discuss what a holiday let is, how to do your research, and how to get started.

Read more
Front of a house

What insurance do you need for holiday lets?

With more people looking to take advantage of alternative holiday experiences, letting out your holiday home to paying guests could be a smart way to bring in extra cash.

Read more

Frequently asked questions

I have a Holiday Home but I also let out to paying guests, am I covered for this?

At Pikl we can provide Holiday Home Insurance and additional cover for when paying guests are at your Holiday Home. We can provide cover just for when you need it or cover all year round. Unlike some other insurers, we also cover theft and malicious damage by a guest as well.

How much does Holiday Home Insurance cost?

This will depend on your property and circumstances. When getting a quote, we will search through a panel of insurers to get you the best price.

Do you cover Holiday Homes overseas?

Currently we can only provide cover for Holiday Homes located in the United Kingdom.

Do you charge admin fees?

Unlike some other providers we do not charge initial or mid-term admin fees for changes to your Holiday Home policy.

How do I buy Holiday Home Insurance policy?

Getting a quote online is easy and usually takes no more than 7-10 minutes. Alternatively, feel free to call us on 0800 254 5171.

Get an instant quote now

Or call us on 0800 254 5171