Static caravan insurance UK - Pikl

Static caravan insurance UK

Park home insurance cover

Looking at static caravan insurance quotes for your rental? Get our specialist park home insurance for static caravans, log cabins and much more for when you have paying guests stay at your property.
Get a quote now

Top up your existing insurance

Plug the gaps in existing insurance

Keep your existing insurance and get cover just for when you have paying guests.

Extensive cover

Get up to 365 days of comprehensive cover designed to protect your property.

Get cover in a matter of minutes

Get a quote
Airbnb, and Vrbo logos

Specialist insurance for many unique property types

Our flexible insurance can cover many different property types, from fixed caravans to glamping pods & boat houses.

What we cover

Insurance for guest-related issues such as:

  • Theft, malicious and accidental damage cover
  • Public liability cover (e.g. guest injuries or third-party damage)
  • Legal cover
  • Loss of keys and replacement locks
  • Fire and escape of water damage
  • Loss of income
  • And much more

Property sharing & static caravan insurance reviews

Questions from static caravan owners

Types of park home & static caravan insurance we offer

We cover the following types of guest-related static park home insurance:

  1. New for old static caravan insurance.
  2. Mobile home park insurance.
  3. Log cabin insurance.
  4. Holiday lodge insurance.
  5. Holiday chalet insurance.
  6. Glamping insurance.
  7. Boat house insurance.

If what you’re looking for isn’t listed here, feel free to get in touch. One of our experts will be happy to help you.

What does static caravan insurance cover?

When insuring your static caravan, insurers typically provide cover for both the structure and the contents inside of it. This could include cover for issues such as:

  1. Accidental damage.
  2. Public liability.
  3. Fire, flood & storm damage.
  4. Theft & malicious damage.
  5. Legal expenses cover.
  6. Subsidence, heave and landslip.

When renting out your property to guests, most insurers don’t provide full cover for this type of activity, however. As a result, you could be left seriously out of pocket when it comes to guest-related claims and damages. The cover provided by some guest platforms may not be enough either. Check out our Airbnb insurance page for more detail on this topic.

Do you provide cover for residential use?

At present, we only provide cover for residential park homes when they’re being rented out to paying guests. You’ll still need to have your main insurance policy elsewhere for the property.

How can I get the best static caravan insurance in the UK?

The ‘best’ cover depends entirely on your circumstances and what you use your property for. With regards to renting it to paying guests, it’s important to make sure you have the right coverage. Any gaps in cover could lead to issues such as:

  1. Large repair bills.
  2. Legal hassle.
  3. Lost income.

Make sure you have adequate protection with a provider such as Pikl so that you can share safely and with confidence.

What is the average cost of park home insurance in the UK?

When it comes to typical park home insurance, the cost of a policy depends on many factors including your location, property type and the contents inside of it. Insurance premiums will therefore vary depending on your own individual circumstances, requirements & needs.

At Pikl, our park home insurance is designed to cover guest-related rentals only. The prices for this are fixed and depend on how much cover you need. Click on the ‘Get a quote’ button to find out more.

Do you cover overseas properties?

We only cover properties based in the UK at the current time.

Get a quote

Quick tips to protect your property and your income

Keep up to date with the latest laws

Make sure you’re aware of the latest rules & regulations so that you don’t fall foul of the current laws, tax system and local restrictions.

Speak to your guests

Communicate regularly and trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, a cancelled booking is better than a damaged property.

Visit your property regularly

Keep an eye out for damages after a guest checks out. If you employ a cleaner, get them to conduct these inventory checks for you.

Grow your short-term rental with our selection of guides

Get a quote

Renting out your property

Learn how to successfully rent out your property to maximise your income. Click the link to learn more.

Renting out a holiday home

Holiday let laws & regulations

Keep up to date with the latest rules, laws & local restrictions. Click the link to continue reading.

Holiday let rules

Second home taxes & benefits

Discover the tax benefits of qualifying as a furnished holiday let. Click below to read more.

Furnished holiday let taxes

Marketing your property

We explore how to promote your property, get more bookings & boost your income. Find out more below.

Advertising your holiday let

Need a helping hand?

We know the world of insurance isn’t always easy to navigate. If you have any questions about our cover, please don’t hesitate to contact us by clicking on the ‘Get in touch’ link at the top of this page. Our customer service opening hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).